Tuesday, September 25, 2012


Diaries of statia                                             - My mom <3


Well I’ve been missing my mom a lot lately while being here, so I decided to write about her a little. My mom and I are buddies! Since we’re the only girls left at home we do lots together and she’s always trying to think of little projects or stuff we can do to keep us busy. Recently we spray painted my old antique metal bed turquoise! Hah yeah. Sometimes our quality time consists of watching Jane Austin movies, laying on her bed reading our separate books, and talking about my life :) There are others, but those are pretty much my favorite! So off the top of my head I made a list of awesomeness about my mom. I call it.. My moms awesomeness:
My mom is the funniest, most gorgeous, crazy, dorkiest mom!
She’s secretly an artist!
Her laugh is hysterical and everybody knows it!
When she has a good book she’s like an alcoholic.
She’s a cheff! .. in my house.
My mom secretly wishes she could open her own restaurant.. it would be amazing!
Her love for garlic is almost as strong as the love for her kids. ;)
She tries to avoid talking negative about people. For example, if I brought up a comment about someone, my mom’s side of the conversation usually begins and ends with something like, “yes that person is interesting”.
She also has this weird thing where she takes into account other peoples point of view. Like if I had a fight with my boyfriend and I’m ranting about it she’ll automatically take his side and brings in his perspective. (or she just knows how much of a brat I can be..)
There’s something about her that makes me willingly talk to her about everything. Even if its something I don’t want her to know! Crazy!
Most people who even see my mom can tell she’s like this happy, perky, laughing machine! So much happiness! .. most of the time.
Well that’s off the top of my head. Plus there’s just those things that make up a mom<3 Like how when I clean my room she has to inspect it a hundred times before its really clean. Or that funny little smile she gets when I ask her about “girl stuff”.. Or when you're trying to bake something and you dont have a 2/3 measuring cup so you ask a stupid question like what half of 2/3 is so you can use it twice,  and she just laughs and makes you think about it for a while.
Or how you know you’re never to old to sit on your moms lap even though you know she is probably dying.
Moms are constantly wracking their brains for ways to impress, entertain, and reason with us bratty teenagers.
She’s your councilor.
The one who has to endure you practicing the same piano songs, monologues, voice exercises, cheers, dance moves, sports crap, gymnastics, and all your extra curricular stuff (in the living room, kitchen, hallway, on the furniture, coming through the walls of your room) over and over again.
She’s the one who tried a hundred different ‘Cindy-lou-who ponytails’ on top of your head while you cried your eyes out. (maye that one was just me)..
Your mom is the one genetically designed to embarrass you.
Shes the one who sat in your room until you fell asleep when you were scared of the dark.
When you’re a loner on a Friday night she still parties with you.
She’s the one that cries for you when you cry.



 There’s a reason your mom is the one you know you can always cuddle up to, because you know you’re safe in the arms that first held you <3

Well those are the things that make up my mom anyway. Everybody has different memories about their mom, and those are some of mine. When I think of the things that make up a mom it is moments like those. I think its crazy how you can subconsciously label things as ‘mom’ too. Like I can be somewhere and see an old antique bike or a canvas oil painting ‘brain says mom!’ Hear a sugarland song or smell brownies (mom!)
I could go on forever about my mom, but a post has to end sometime :)

Missing my mom in good ole' statia.